Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Government authorities underestimated my security concerns: Lalit Modi

New Delhi: Former Indian Premier League commissioner Lalit Modi has alleged that the Enforcement Directorate underestimated his security concerns and the government misrepresented facts to manipulate information regarding his motives to leave India.

In a statement published on his official website, Modi claims to have in possession various communiqués, that he got accessed to through RTI, which prove that his decision to leave the country was based on genuine threats to his life and the failure of government to provide the same.

“I present further evidence regarding the attempts by certain sections of the Indian government to besmirch my reputation with mis-information and a suppression of the facts,” Modi said in a statement on his official website.

Modi has been accused of financial irregularities during his tenure as the IPL commissioner and he is evading probe that has forced the Indian government to enforce his return to the country.

“On 25th April, 2010, the third season of the IPL finished against the backdrop of the political events surrounding Mr. Tharoor’s resignation. I was suspended by the BCCI as Chairman of the IPL and the following day, 26th April, 2010, the BCCI issued a Show Cause Notice to me asking me to respond to a range of charges about my conduct whilst I was Chairman of the IPL.”

“On 11th May, 2010 there was a sudden reduction in the level of protection provided to me by the Mumbai Police, with all armed police being withdrawn. I was not given any warning or any reasons for this action.”

“With no armed protection in India, but no reduction in the ongoing level of threats, which the security forces knew were still active, I had no option but to leave India. I left India on 14th May, 2010 and travelled to London,” the statement read.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Gamer City z

Free for your eye videos